These probiotic yogurt dreamsicles scented with orange and vanilla are all the flavors of sunshine and summer in a frozen treat! Remember orange dreamsicle push-up pops from when we were kids? Now you can make your own without all that yucky food coloring and high fructose corn syrup. They’re so delicious, you won’t even realize they are also full of gut healthy probiotics!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on our affiliate links and make any purchase, we may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. To read our full affiliate disclosure click here.
Make Your Own Yogurt for These Healthy, Nostalgic Treats!
A couple of weeks ago, we shared a super easy way to make homemade yogurt using a cooler. No need for special equipment! These probiotic yogurt dreamsicles are a perfect way to use up your homemade yogurt. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up these healthy treats in minutes. Your kids will love them, and you might even find yourself feeling the nostalgia of being a kid again as well!
Health Benefits of Yogurt and Kefir:
Yogurt cultures predigest the lactose in milk, which makes it a lot easier to digest. Kefir has multiple strains of probiotic cultures that also predigest the lactose and make readily available a host of probiotics. Combining the two in this recipe makes for a probiotic packed treat! If you want to learn more about the health benefits of kefir, check out this podcast from the West Price Foundation.
How to Make Probiotic Yogurt Dreamsicles With Orange and Vanilla:
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ Cups sweetened vanilla yogurt
- ½ Cup kefir milk
- 2 pinches of salt
- Zest and fruit of 1 large orange (I used a navel orange)
- 4 tiny scoops (?) of concentrated stevia powder (sweeten as desired! Honey, stevia, etc.)
- 1 TBSP of vanilla extract
- *Optional* 1 fresh egg yolk
- Mix ingredients well in a blender.
- Pour into popsicle molds and allow to freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- This recipe makes about a dozen dreamsicles.
Probiotic Yogurt Dreamsicle Variations:
- Have fun with the ingredients! Try adding mango or pineapple. Just use whatever fruit you have on hand!
- If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can also just freeze the mixture in a glass dish and serve it like ice cream as well.
- I had no idea these were available, but you can actually buy push-up pop molds on Amazon! If you want to relive your childhood memories, these would be so much fun!
- Another option if you don’t want to wait for these to freeze, just drink it like a smoothie!
- Prefer chocolate? Try these Homemade Toasted Coconut Fudgesicles!
In Conclusion: Kick off the Summer with These Cool Probiotic Yogurt Dreamsicles!
We hope you enjoy all the summery flavors of orange and vanilla in these homemade dreamsicles! If you try them, let us know how they turn out in the comments! If you have any ideas to play around with the ingredients, we would love to hear those as well. Happy summer, friends!