Spring is in the air, and Easter is not far behind! Today I’m sharing a sweet (and guilt free!) Easter treat: chocolate coconut oil fudge candies!
With only 5 ingredients, this chocolate coconut oil fudge is super easy to make. It both satisfies the sweet tooth AND is super healthy! It’s sweetened with raw honey, which is full of enzymes and minerals. Add a little peanut butter, and you have the perfect combination of sweet and salt. And of course, coconut oil packs this rich and decadent fudge with a TON of health benefits!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on our affiliate links and make any purchase, we may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. To read our full affiliate disclosure click here.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil:
So, why make chocolate coconut oil fudge? Here are some good reasons!
- Coconut Oil is a Medium Chain Fatty Acid
- It doesn’t require bile for digestion, so it’s good for your liver.
- High in lauric acid, which helps fend off viruses, bacteria, and pathogens.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Boosts metabolism/energy.
- Assists the thyroid.
(All information is from Eat Fat Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon. For additional science on the health benefits of coconut oil, check out Coconut Cures by Bruce Fife. And finally, here is a podcast discussion on the benefits of coconut oil from the Weston A. Price Foundation.)
Healthy Homemade Chocolate Coconut Oil Fudge Candies:
- Virgin, Unrefined Coconut Oil – 1 Cup
- Cocoa Powder – 1 Cup
- Creamy Peanut Butter – 1 Cup
- Raw Honey – 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla – 1 tsp.
Notes: You can use whatever kind of nut butter you choose!
If you want to make these into candies, you will need candy molds. Additionally, you can use a miniature muffin tin lined with papers, or a 9×9 baking dish.
- Gently melt the coconut oil. It has a melting point of 78 degrees, so it will not take much heat at all to melt it. High heat damages all the health benefits, so keep it low and slow!
- In a bowl, combine the cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla.
- Next, slowly add the melted coconut oil into the cocoa powder mixture. Whisk until fully incorporated. It will look like chocolate syrup.
- Finally, mix in the peanut butter until silky smooth.
- Once everything is combine, you are ready to pour the mixture into your candy molds.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for one hour. If you are in a hurry to sample this chocolatey goodness, place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge. You will definitely have to eat this chocolate coconut oil fudge quickly, because they will melt in your hands!