My boyfriend was surprised to see that Starla and I had put up an Easter tree in our living room this year. “People do Easter trees, too?” As in, not just Christmas trees, but Easter trees as well?! Ha! Well, not necessarily, but they sure are pretty! And why not celebrate Jesus’ resurrection as much as we celebrate his birth?? I say Easter is just as much reason to celebrate and make your home gorgeous as Christmas!
We have been inspired to try our own Easter tree from several different sources, but most of all Martha Stewart Living and Williams & Sonoma. These trees have enchanted us so many times, but we never took the time to make one ourselves…..until now!
What You will Need to Create Your Own Easter Tree:
- A Large branch with lots of smaller twiggy branches on it, and a long sturdy trunk.
- About three cans of white high gloss spray paint.
- Some white iridescent glitter.
- Some newspaper or cardboard to paint on.
- A small bucket and a large block of floral foam. I also weighted the bottom of the bucket with some stones.
- Lots of pretty things to decorate! We got ALL of the decorations from either The Dollar Tree or a thrift store. (Check out our Instagram post about all the pretty Easter goodies we found at The Dollar Tree earlier this month. We incorporated several things on the tree!
Instructions For An Easter Tree
We spray painted two coats on the branch and then sprinkled the glitter over the wet paint. After that we just let it dry for a few hours before placing it into the bucket in the living room. From there add your little Easter ornaments, and Voila! Your beautiful Easter tree is ready to display all of the beauty of spring and NEW life!